Sunday, January 09, 2005

Citizen of New York

Check out the Board of Regents of the Smithsonian Institute. I love it that the Chief Justice and the Vice President of the United States hold ex officio positions on the Board of Regents. And Patrick Leahy - it's somehow cool that the Senator from Vermont is on the Board (yes well). And I love the titles of the Honorable Barber B. Conable, Jr. - Citizen of New York, Former Member of Congress, Former President of the World Bank, and Consultant in International Finance - whatever else he was and is, he is first and foremost a Citizen of New York.

You can tell from the frivolous blogging (as opposed to all the serious and thoughtful pieces I produce of course) that I'm pretending to do work. Anyone who can take me though the tax structure of the US and particularly tax deduction for gifts to museums, foundations and other charitable institutions (or whatever qualifies in the US for tax-deductible gifts) will have me very much in their debt.